AstroSafari UK

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Chat  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Rock Autos

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Resources] >> Suppliers Reviews >> Rock Autos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rock Autos - 26/9/2017 21:48:34   
peterboat

Score: 0
Is anybody else having problems with Rock Autos? my last order was lost in germany and my latest order seems to have got lost there as well really annoying as they used to be so good
Post #: 1
RE: Rock Autos - 27/9/2017 9:21:05   
Shades

Never had a problem with them. The only thing I do hate is some parts having numerous amount of different options to choose from. I have ordered the wrong part twice now on different occasions

My van is always a work in progress ;)

(in reply to peterboat)
Post #: 2
RE: Rock Autos - 28/9/2017 19:02:04   
peterboat

Well according to the carrier I have the part!! however I dont I have emailed Rock autos to ask where it is completely fed up with them 20 days and still no part such crap carriers

(in reply to Shades)
Post #: 3
RE: Rock Autos - 29/9/2017 17:02:12   
orange

Score: 63
I buy most of my parts from them and so far the only problem I had was when I bought a Cardone power steering pump, the shaft seemed loose and wobbly so I ordered a new ac delco from them and emailed to tell them the Cardone one was basically crap and to their credit they gave me a full refund and said they didn't need me to send the faulty one back, i haven't ever had a problem with delivery from them.

(in reply to peterboat)
Post #: 4
RE: Rock Autos - 30/9/2017 9:17:41   
analog child

Rock Auto are okay but I have found the service from DHL/Parcel Force pretty poor.
It seems to take a long time for anything to happen and you have to go through a succession of tracking numbers and reference numbers to keep an eye on things.
My only real grumble with Rock Auto was when I ordered a load of bits for my MOT and they sent it in six different parcels, each of which raised customs charges and VAT (fair enough) and Parcel Force admin fees (Grrr!) which add up fairly quickly.
I've learned that, if it's possible, go for the FedEx option every time. It is so much faster and the VAT is prepaid. I ordered some bits on Tuesday this week and FedEx delivered them on Thursday morning.

(in reply to orange)
Post #: 5
RE: Rock Autos - 30/9/2017 9:46:41   
peterboat

quote:

ORIGINAL: analog child

Rock Auto are okay but I have found the service from DHL/Parcel Force pretty poor.
It seems to take a long time for anything to happen and you have to go through a succession of tracking numbers and reference numbers to keep an eye on things.
My only real grumble with Rock Auto was when I ordered a load of bits for my MOT and they sent it in six different parcels, each of which raised customs charges and VAT (fair enough) and Parcel Force admin fees (Grrr!) which add up fairly quickly.
I've learned that, if it's possible, go for the FedEx option every time. It is so much faster and the VAT is prepaid. I ordered some bits on Tuesday this week and FedEx delivered them on Thursday morning.

Yes DHL/Parcel force have been the problem this time I am collecting the part this morning the replacement is now coming free of charge [apart from the vat/handling charge] the issue is when will I need another TPS? I will use the fedex option from now on as I am totally pissed off with the other system

(in reply to analog child)
Post #: 6
RE: Rock Autos - 30/9/2017 21:22:37   
Astrocurious

i have only really used Rock Auto and they have been no problem.

You have to be aware of the VAT issue though.

The way I understand it is that UK customs have subbed the parcel checking out to private company. This mean that for every parcel they check that hasn't had the 20% VAT paid already they will charge the purchaser for the VAT plus a £30ish admin charge for the privilege.

Prepaid is the only way to go. You may get a couple of parcels through without paying VAT but that's about it.

(in reply to peterboat)
Post #: 7
RE: Rock Autos - 1/10/2017 11:12:38   
peterboat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Astrocurious

i have only really used Rock Auto and they have been no problem.

You have to be aware of the VAT issue though.

The way I understand it is that UK customs have subbed the parcel checking out to private company. This mean that for every parcel they check that hasn't had the 20% VAT paid already they will charge the purchaser for the VAT plus a £30ish admin charge for the privilege.

Prepaid is the only way to go. You may get a couple of parcels through without paying VAT but that's about it.

I have used Rock autos for many years and the last two times have been the only problems with them

(in reply to Astrocurious)
Post #: 8
RE: Rock Autos - 1/10/2017 16:51:53   
orange

Score: 63
Always go for the prepaid VAT option, sometimes you may have to add a couple of items to the order to enable this I have noticed on some low value orders the prepaid vat option wasn't available, but there's always some little extra part you could do with right?, also try to make sure the parts are always coming from the same warehouse or it costs extra for internal shipping.

(in reply to peterboat)
Post #: 9
RE: Rock Autos - 2/10/2017 14:21:29   
peterboat

quote:

ORIGINAL: orange

Always go for the prepaid VAT option, sometimes you may have to add a couple of items to the order to enable this I have noticed on some low value orders the prepaid vat option wasn't available, but there's always some little extra part you could do with right?, also try to make sure the parts are always coming from the same warehouse or it costs extra for internal shipping.

When in Scotland earlier this year we ordered upward of £600 that order went wrong as well most arrived via fedex as ordered the headset which we needed came in the end by Royal mail with a vat charge and delivery even though we had paid it at source and it was very late caused us problems to say the least

(in reply to orange)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Resources] >> Suppliers Reviews >> Rock Autos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote